Sunday, January 17, 2010

12 Weeks Later

When Grant was a freakishly fussy, sleep deprived 5-week-old, other parents would tell us, "Don't worry. He'll be a totally different baby at 12 weeks." So Leigh and I waited, eagerly awaiting the magic Week 12, when our baby - to hear others tell it - would suddenly sleep through the night, stop crying and start helping out around the house a little more.

Last week, Grant officially turned 3 months old. We spent every waking minute just staring at the kid to see the transformation take place.

And? No change. In fact, we think he's even worse than before. He's sleeping a lot less, and now he's ultrasensitive - the slightest little thing will make him burst into tears.

But I suppose there are some positive changes.

He flashes a pretty cute smile when he wants to:

And you can actually read him a story, and he'll pay attention. He even likes to help Mommy turn the pages. I know he's turning them the wrong way - he must have his father's reading skills:


He's finally taking a bath in his tub (yes, I censored the picture - this is not that kind of web site):


And we finally found socks that he can't kick off:


In other words, we've learned to celebrate the small victories!

3 comments:

Josh said...

That little black square -- very tasteful.

Renee said...

Leigh said I should have made it bigger.

Josh said...

Leigh should have made it bigger, but it's a little too late for that now.