Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And summer's over...

Grant is 10 months old, yikes! He's standing and crawling and even took his first step (an unsubstantiated report from my mother, who's known to exaggerate his achievements). But he'll be walking soon enough.

We had lots of celebrations this month. First, there was friend Holden's 1st birthday party, where Grant hung out with some of the big kids...

And here's Holden's mama, Johanna, and Aunt Margaret (who's name does sound dreadfully old-ladyish when paired with "aunt")...

Then we had Grandma Renee in town, which was very nice. She graciously agreed to babysit so Leigh and I could have a proper dinner. Yeah, we really had to twist her arm. Here are the grandmas...

And then we celebrated my birthday! I got a beautiful painting from Grant...

and then we had a singalong:

Here's me and my boy:


I've noticed that this last year has completely aged me. Compare the picture above to some of the pics of Leigh and me traveling. Even in third-world countries, where dysentery, malaria and highway muggers lurked in every corner, I looked far more relaxed and well rested. Ugh.

No comments: