At first, Leigh and I balked, hating to saddle her with a baby who wakes every hour between 3 and 7 a.m. But then our selfish desire for deep sleep weighed out. So at 6:15 p.m., Leigh and I headed out for dinner, leaving my mom with a crying baby and minimal instructions ("Try holding him on his side.") And we enjoyed a lovely, grown-up dinner at a fantastic Manhattan Beach restaurant, where I sucked down my first glass of wine in almost a year (and actually had a hangover the next day) and talked about Grant the entire time.
After dinner, we stopped by to pick up our clothes and make sure Grant was in bed, and then we were off for a magical night at the Springhill Suites five minutes away from our apartment. I thought I would worry about my mom and Grant all night, but I really didn't. And I'm proud to report I got nine hours of blissful, uninterrupted slumber.
When we returned the next morning, we found Grandma and Grant in perfect condition, and my mom even reported that Grant slept soundly from 8 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (!) and then again from 2:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. (!!). Leigh and I are in the process of analyzing every scrap of data from last night to uncover the secret.
As much as we enjoyed our rare night away from Grant, we really missed the little guy. We spent the whole first hour sitting on the floor with him, just staring at his cute little nose and kissing his hands. He smiled and laughed, so we're pretty sure he remembers us. And we've already booked my mom for her next babysitting assignment.
Discussing the day's events:
Having fun on the changing table:
Grant with Grandma:
2 comments:
Why did you spell Hanukkah correctly as per AP style last week and incorrectly this week?
What is your game?
I was testing you.
Post a Comment