Sunday, October 25, 2009

One week down...

...935 to go.

Grant had a busy first week.

He hung out with Grandma Jill:



He got a visit from Mary Lou O'Brien, our midwife:



He had tummy time:



He got lots of love from Grandma Renee and Grandpa Fred:



And to cap it off, he had a bris and received his Hebrew name, Shmuel (Samuel). Mommy only cried twice - once before the snip (out of guilt and anxiety) and once afterwards (tears of joy):







In this first week, I've learned a few things.

1. I have very little patience, and I'm easily overwhelmed. Fortunately, Leigh is the essence of calm.

2. Grant doesn't care that I'm a micro-managing control freak - he's made it clear that he'll eat when he wants, cry when he wants and sleep when he wants, and Leigh and I are just along for the ride.

3. Getting peed on is very humbling.

4. My husband is the most amazing man on the planet. I've never been more in love with him, and I'm glad we created a family together.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Snap out of it!

Renee said...

Leave me alone. I'm weepy. It's the hormones.

The Nix Family said...

so sweet ... made me weepy!

Renee said...

Thanks for the shout-out on your blog, Denise. We'll have to get all these little ones together for playtime!

Jennifer Choi said...

It's okay. He won't remember a thing. Especially after Big Renee fed him all that "sweet" water. Bet he slept good afterwards.